Friday, February 10, 2012

Blog 15: Independent Component

LIA:
Literal
(a) S: “I, Brittney Morales, affirm that I completed my independent component which represents 30 hours of work.” 
(b) I created a video series on how to successfully compete in pageants. I Researched 5 topics, filmed videos on the information, and edited each video to show the research i did on competing in pageants.

Interpretive
This componet was basically a research compont, with the end result being a video series. I had to spend about 10 hours looking up different websites and blogs to find good information on pageants. When I found good information on different areas of competition, i would talk to my service learning contact to make sure what i was finding was correct and made sense. I also had to teach myself how to edit videos, which didn't really come out as good as i expected. 

Applied
With my topic being Miss America, pageants are a big part of what im studying this year. I wanted  this component to help answer my essential question, but also help me with my service learning, and it did. My essential question is all about how one perceives beauty, and this video series is basically telling the viewers how to make the judges in pageants see you as beautiful. This helped me to see that people in our society are so used to changing themselves to fit the ideal vision of beauty. I do it when im trying to win a pageant and need the judges to see me as a winner, and old ladies do it when they get botox to look younger. This component helped me to see that there is more than just one side of the story. My EQ only asks about the person perceiving beauty, but this helped me to learn about the person being perceived, and how they change themselves to be seen in a better light, so to speak.

30 Hours:

Evidence:

(Im having some issues with youtube not wanting to upload my last 3 videos so they'll be on here by friday night!)

No comments:

Post a Comment