Tuesday, May 22, 2012

Senior Project Reflevction

(1) Positive Statement
What are you most proud of in your 2-Hour Presentation and/or your senior project? Why? in my 2 hr I am most proud of eye fact that I was able to get my message across, that beauy is not what we see in the media, it's what is inside of people.

(2) Questions to Consider
a.     What assessment would you give yourself on your 2-Hour Presentation (self-assessment)? Why?
P. I met all requirements for a proficient presentation. i completed the minimum of 30 minutes talk time, as well as had 3 answers and activities that were well related to each other. I submitted my lesson plans on time the day before and on the blog the weekend before my presentation. I set up the classroom before students entered and took everything down within 20 mintues of my presentation ended.   

b.     What assessment would you give yourself on your overall senior project (self-assessment)? Why?
AP+/P
I completed all assignments and components. My research is the only reason I think i would deserve anything lower than a P.

(3) What worked for you in your senior project?
My 2 hr. I think my service learning and my 2 hr worked for me. My service learning was not only fun, but it was a big part of my project, giving me first had experience with the miss america organization. Also I think my 2 hr just really fell into place for me. I won't really be sure if I actually did well until I receive my grade for it, but I was very happy with the way it turned out and I thought the activities fit in nicely with my answers. I also talked with a few juniors and seniors afterwards and they told me that they understood the point I was trying to get across, which was that the images they see constantly in the media aren't real and shouldn't be compared to.

(4) What didn’t work for you in your senior project?
Research. My research was very bad the first half of the year. Research was the reason I had to change my EQ.

(5) Finding Value
How has the senior project been helpful to you in your future endeavors?   Be specific and use examples.  It definitely changes the way is see the world around me. My whole project has taught me that beauty is always inside a person. It really has changed my views on my own body image as well. I had always kind of looked down on myself for not looking like the people I saw through the media. I had always known that it was unfair to judge myself and others based on the images I saw on TV, in magazines, ext. but it was until I completed this project that it really sunk in. I realized that I just can't compare myself or anyone else to the Photoshopped images I see all over the place.

No comments:

Post a Comment