Monday, October 17, 2011

Blog 7: Independent Component 1 Plan Approval

(1) Write a description of what you plan on doing for your independent study component.
For my Independent Component 1, I plan on doing research on the preparation needed for a  Miss America pageant, and turning that information into a video series on YouTube. 
I will do research on all the different things pageant girls do to get ready for the pageant, like practicing their interview skills, buying the right kinds of outfit, having the best talent,  and just practicing their walk. After doing intense research on a certain topic of pageants, i will take all the information and put it in a video with my advice and experience.


(2) Describe in detail how you think your plan will meet the 30 hours work requirement.
I plan on doing at least 5 videos, which will take at least 2 hours of research each, 2 hours for filming and possibly 2 hours of editing each, totaling 30 hours.


(3) How does your independent study component relate to your EQ?   
My essential question asks what is the most positive effect Miss America pageants have on young women, and at the end of my component I will have found out if the preparation for the pageant is a positive of negative effect.

1 comment: